[no subject]

from Michael:

>try a couple commands:
># ifconfig eth0

yes this is a DHCP setup.
at root, the first line was link encap: Ethernet address HW address 00:90:27
etc etc
but the RX packets and TX packets had errors the former 32--what evwer this
means!

>$ more /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.leases

$  --i dont know how to run this, its not root nor "run command" in KDE

>I am assuming this _is_ a dhcp setup.  If you see no IP address
>listed in the first command, and the second doesn't show you a
>file
>that starts like
>lease
>{ interface "eth0";
  .
  .
  .

>Then you are not getting your dhcp address correctly.  If the
>first
>has no IP address, but the second shows you a lease, see when
>the
>lease expire[s|d].

>Michael

thanks for the advice, my reply to any more replies about this prob, will be
exactly a month later---doitsu  e asobini iku, mata ne

Shane