RE: [tlug] yahoo BB, RH7.3 de setsuzoku houhou

.>  However kbattleship the board game in its "connect to server" dialog box
> has yahoobb isp address.
> /etc/resolv.conf ----permission was denied at root " su -" and could not be
> found in kate.
>
> dhcp in kate has ip addresses, none beginning with two digits as in "43.  "

Excuse the mail client.

try a couple commands:
# ifconfig eth0

$ more /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.leases

I am assuming this _is_ a dhcp setup.  If you see no IP address
listed in the first command, and the second doesn't show you a file
that starts like
lease
{ interface "eth0";
  .
  .
  .

Then you are not getting your dhcp address correctly.  If the first
has no IP address, but the second shows you a lease, see when the
lease expire[s|d].

Michael