Re: [tlug] fsck for cd-rom

Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

> Is there any way to check the integrity of a cd-rom? Is there an fsck for
> cd-rom's?
>
> I ask because I just got a burnt cd-rom that seems to have problems. I'd
> like to run an fsck on it to see if there are any problems with the files on
> the cd itself.
>
> I tried running fsck but I get "fsck.iso9660 not found".

fsck is for checking filesystem integrity. I don't think the cd you burned has
a problem with the iso9660 fs unless your mkisofs was buggy.
What you wanna do is check that the image file got written on the cd correctly.

A simple way is just copying the cd image file to /dev/null with  `dd
if=/dev/cdrom of=/dev/null`.

--
B0Ti.