Re: [tlug] mail server recommendations

On 7/15/2002, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>Exim is fairly popular monolithic MTA, similar to smail in many ways.
>If you're thinking about using smail, think more about exim.
www.exim.org

Steve's comments on all those MTAs are dead-on, so I'll just add "me too"
there :-)

And one brief comment on Exim.  We run the GOL mail system on Exim and
it has been quite stable and has nice reporting features.  The value of
the human-readable and editable config file cannot be overstated, and
Exim's regex-based spam filtering capabilities are excellent.  There is
also a very good and very thorough online manual freely available on the
Exim website.