Re: [tlug] mail server recommendations

At Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:05:24 +0900,Stoyan Zhekovさんのメールより:
>> I have to build a mail server(s) to handle a couple of domains with very low
>> traffic volume on a permanent connection. I haven't had any experience on
>> mail servers yet.
>>
>> O'Reilly's Running Linux book recommends smail. I'm wondering which is most
>> popular? Probably sendmail?
>
>1. qmail
>2. postfix
>3. sendmail

I think what popular is as the follows:

1. sendmail
2. postfix
3. qmail

Many mush servers have used sendmail since so long time ago ;-),
postfix is very easy to make configuration from sendmail, qmail is
nice, too, but it is very difficult to maintenance for sendmail
users.

Check your mail header, so you will find postfix is very popular
recently. So I recommend postfix. It is safe and very easy to setup.

    + Best regards,

         R I O T A R O  O K A D A

    2-1-14 TSUKIJI CHUO-KU TOKYO,JAPAN
    http://tunebiz.net/