Re: [tlug] Filtering on HTML, is this useful for anything butimplementing Klez?

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 15:48, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> <iframe src=cid:RI2259xb53jB26 height=0 width=0>
>
> Is this generated in _email_ HTML for _any_ reason other than
> implementing a Klez-style virus (note the dimensions)?

I don't think there is any legitimate reason for such
a directive. This is only good for automatically calling
hidden executables (even if the user has not clicked the
attachment). Anything that needs to be run silently and
automatically without the user clicking it is, by my
definition at least, a virus.