Re: [tlug] Suse 8.0 & gnome updates

bruno raoult (br@example.com) wrote:

> No, you did not, in fact: I was asking what is better, according to you,
> between A & B.
> Your answer was Z.

But Z is better than A or B :-)

But seriously, folks...

If I didn't at least mention in passing that I don't believe
Evo will drive out Balsa/Gnomecard or any other similiar
combination anyone currently likes: No I don't think so.

Evo is just too slow and does too many things that so
many people don't need.  Outlook has not driven out
OE or any of the other popular Windows mail clients, either.

Outlook is basically used in one place: business desktops in
an MS Exchange environment, and not even in all of those.
I expect success for Evo in the same sort of area and for the
same reasons people use Outlook there.  It is, after all,
an Outlook work-alike (only better, IMO).

The last time I looked, it still had that borkage of
encoding Japanese headers in UTF-8, but that was a couple
months ago, perhaps. Does anyone know if they fixed that yet?

J@ so happy I don't have to really use Outlook for anything at work,
especially b/c the server is in California.  But it could be worse:
some people's mail is on a server in London, and they do have to
use it  :-)