Re: [tlug] install openssh remotely?

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 03:57:11PM +0900, Nguyen Hung Vu wrote:
> Can I upgrade( or install) openssh remotely?

The method I use is to start a "spare" SSHd using a known
working sshd executable with the -f switch specifying a
different configuration file that causes it to listen on a
non-standard port.  I can log in on that non-standard port in
case something goes wrong with restarting a new sshd on the
standard port.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/