[tlug] Ghostscript hell

Grrrrrrrr. Here I am about to tear my hair out over Ghostscript, not for
the first time. To briefly summarize what's going on:

I want Ghostscript to work w/ CID-keyed Japanese TrueType fonts (in
particular, the Dynalab fonts that I shelled out nee-man-en-eejou for).
I am running Debian Potato; for some time I've had a supposedly
VFLib-enabled Ghostscript installed (I believe the package is gs-5.10jp,
from /debian/dists/potato/main) ... but I've never been able to get it
to actually work. And today, after another unsuccessful attempt to
diagnose its disease, I decided to try a newer Ghostscript.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But rather than get into all that gory detail, I'd like to first ask
what version of Ghostscript everybody else is using (especially if you
can in fact print Japanese).

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

--
Matt Gushee