[tlug] create-fontset-from-ascii-font

So I installed xemacs-21.4.8-8 (rawhide, June 24) and tried setting it
up with Mule-UCS-0.84 using the information from Stephen and Mike's
earlier mails.

I'm now getting:
    Symbol's function definition is void: create-fontset-from-ascii-font

as xemacs attempts to invoke mule-ucs-create-fontset-unicode in Mike's
init.el script.  Sure enough, there doesn't seem to be a
create-fontset-from-ascii-font defined either in Mule-UCS or the
system-wide .el files installed by the xemacs rpm.

Presumably I need to install something else to get the unicode support
properly working.  Can someone more familiar with xemacs please point
me in the right direction?

					       Cheers,
					       Bruce