Re: [tlug] cheap, reliable co-location?

From: "Jonathan Q" <jq@example.com>
> I'll reiterate: you can get good co-lo and cheap co-lo.  You
> can't get both, at least not unless someone is engaging
> in philanthropy.

Whilst this is a competitive market you need to be offering volume to get
cheap per unit prices.

> You couldn't co-lo your own machine is a public bathroom for
> 9800 yen a month, let alone in a datacenter.

I will host your server for 9800yen per month but it will be on my balcony.
Anyone offering much less than 100,000yen per month is probably not offering
anything
worth having.

> Martin Baehr (mbaehr@example.com) wrote:
>
> > if i am co-locating my machine, it's non of their bussiness
> > what software i am running. what kind of service is that?
> > now if they are leasing the machines and you don't use your
> > own, that would be different...

Nope definately wrong. The type of OS is really irrelevant but  hosting
centers are interested in what
you are doing quite a lot of DC's won't accept porn and none will accept
spammers.