Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible printers in Japan?

well, based on charles' recommendation and my own
research, i think i'm going to forget monochrome
laser and go for the HP deskjet 990cxi.

the japanese market seems to be all about canon,
epson, and HP. none of them seem to have monochrome
laser models that i can be 100% sure are linux
supported, so inkjet seems to be the way to go.

canon bubblejets are highly rated but epson and
HP seem to have the edge on linux drivers. HP
wins because their model names and numbers are
consistent between japan and the rest of the
world, so i can safely rely on driver and
troubleshooting info from english sites. so the
deskjet it is.