Re: [tlug] Boot options (RH7.2) (Grub?)

> My Toshiba notebook (RH7.2) hangs for an age during bootup when I don't have
> it plugged into an Ethernet connection. This doesn't normally trouble me, as
> it's usually used at home where it is plugged into a hub. On the road,
> however, it is a bore waiting for several minutes whenever I turn it on.
>
> I am using Grub as the boot loader. Is there any clean way to tell the kernel
> via Grub at boot time to skip the ethernet port? (I don't want to turn it
> off, as once a day or so I do plug it into an ethernet hub.)

I think your problems come from DHCP. On boot networking start
to search for DHCP server address and if it is not plugged, it's
take a time. So the GRUB is not related to this. Maybe the
easiest way is just to use static IP from your home network range.
So even the computer is offline it will not take time.

--
________  Stoyan Zhekov <sto [AT] zhware [DOT] net>  ________
fpr:        2A61 58D0 A69C FF68 4785 A0A3 89DE AEC0 3CA6 41A8