Re: [tlug] vi and Japanese

"Matt Gushee" <mgushee@example.com> wrote:

> > Now it's starting to sound like your version of vim is older than
> > version 6?
>
> No, it's definitely 6. 6.1.48 to be exact. I'm using Debian Potato,
> which still comes w/ 5.something, and wasn't in a hurry to upgrade. But
> then I wanted Vim on a Windows box, installed the latest binary, and
> decided v.6 was pretty cool, so I compiled it from source on all three
> of my Linux boxes. Maybe I didn't enable something that I need for
> Japanese, since I didn't know I could.

It does sound like you didn't enable something that you needed for Japanese.
The makefile needs to be read from top to bottom.  You don't need to read
how it's making things, but the comments that tell you which other commented
lines to uncomment are not all at the top, you'll have to read through it.
It might be easier to download a binary of a full version.