[tlug] Hooking up Mule-UCS in XEmacs

In my Red Hat installation, I was lucky to find PSGML and Mule-UCS working
flawlessly (AFAICT) without needing any tweaks on my part.

With XEmacs (21.4.6), almost everything has worked without any
tweaking on my part, except for Mule-UCS. The requisite files appear
to be  on my system, and are listed as installed in the packages
list. But when I try

M-x prefer-coding-system RET
utf-8 RET

I get [no match].

Perhaps I need to add a line in .xemacs/init.el  to start this up? I
did dig around a bit in some of the archives, but could not find this
problem mentioned as such.

Chuck

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University

Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJK-English Dictiona ry
www.acmuller.net