Re: [tlug] Fiber optic network upgrade

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 01:03:04AM +0900, Gavin wrote:
> Thanks to NTT I will be getting a fiber connection to the net. I would like
> to know what parts do I need to upgrade.

Well, if you are looking at upgrading hardware, have a look at toms hardware
as he has many good articles,

http://www.tomshardware.com

If you are looking for hardware that is Linux compatible, look here,

http://lhd.zdnet.com/

> I have 6 computers (soho setup) multi platform (sorry to say!!)

Information on how to set up a network can be found here,

http://www.tldp.org/

> What are the prices I might be looking at for an upgrade?

Information on retail shops in Japan are,

http://www.plathome.co.jp/
http://www.sofmap.com/shop/default.asp
http://www.kakaku.com/

a good one in the States (just for comparison) is

http://www.pricewatch.com/

*Please note that this isn't a comprehensive list.

In general, it's best to do some research before you post a question. Expecting
others to understand your needs, check prices, and basically layout exactly
what you need to do in a timely manner is unrealistic.

Hope this helps,

--
Jack Morgan                                             <j-morgan@example.com>
GnuPG Key ID: 0x620F545F                                http://pgp.mit.edu