Re: [tlug] Apache worm in the wild

On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:59:22 -0400, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote
to tlug@example.com:

> Therefore, I appreciate Stoyan posting to this list, where lurking
> newbies that had not heard of it now will know. Will they do anything
> about it? If 25% do, I would be amazed. But 25% of maybe 200 people
> ain't bad.

I, too, appreciate it when such warnings are given, so far be it for me to
slam anyone who sends them.

The only thing I was surprised about was Stoyan speaking of it as if it were
something entirely new when the subject was discussed on this very same list
on the day the updates were made available. It is, in fact, through this
list that I was made aware of the problem since I don't subscribe to bugtraq
either.

| G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com |
| Port de Pontille, FR-37500 CHINON, FRANCE. |
| Linux User Group de Touraine               |
|                http://www.lug-touraine.org |