From: Pietro Zuco <pietro@example.com>
To: tlug <tlug@example.com>
Subject: [tlug] why so slow?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:33:49 +0200

Hello tlugers.

I know that Linux is faster than windows but there are a fact that I don't
understand.
This is the situation:

In windows:
I start IE or other M$ software and they star very quickly. But software of
others companies like netscape o some text editor equivalent in size of word
are slower.

In Linux:
Almost all the software of the same type take the same time to start but are
slower than M$ software on windows.

After start, on work time software running on Linux is faster than in win
but
only in the start proccess thay take more time. I'm using the same computer
to both OS.

I would like to know if there are a way to improve the start proccess of
applications. I remember that there was some time ago an utily of Norton for
win that served to improve the time to start applications. Maybe are there
some utility equivalent for Linux? Or some way to make faster the start
proccess ?

Thankyou in advance.
Pietro.