Re: [tlug] Changing from Dial-up to Fiber optics

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 12:36:59AM +0900, Gavin wrote:
> Need some help from you pro's
> I thinking about updating my internet connection from  dial-up to Fiber
> optics, my question is this. what hardware do I need to update and if
> possible some good rec's on NIC's would be nice. please include prices if

I don't think many people have FTTH yet. You don't really need anything special
AFAIK. The ISP will give you a modem/router that you just plug your hub/switch/PC
into.

> known... My knowledge in fiber op connections is ZERO, have to put 9
> boxes(multi platformed) online so any advice is welcome.. (going to use NTT's
> FLEX setup..  $90.00 per month)

Let us know the details as I'm sure others would be interested in knowing.

--
Jack Morgan						<j-morgan@example.com>
GnuPG Key ID: 0x620F545F				http://pgp.mit.edu