Re: [tlug] linux/ms web page problem

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 04:27:09PM +0200, mocm@example.com wrote:
>  >
>  > I am currently designing a web page unfortunately using publisher/front
>  > page.  The problem is that the konqueror and other linux browsers don't
>  > display the page correctly.
>  >
>  > Are there any web site addressing this type of issues?
>
> Use http://validator.w3.org/ to validate your page and complain to the
> manufacturer of publisher/front page for not complying to standards.

Do you really think that will make a difference with MS? They know damn
well their products generate bad HTML. If they cared they would have
fixed them a long time ago.

> Then fix the errors by hand.

Have you ever actually tried this? Your typical MS-HTML page is so full
of garbage that it's probably easier to rewrite from scratch.

Unfortunately, the original poster is probably required by his
boss/clients to use those broken tools ... he did say "unfortunately,"
after all. Don't know what to say about that, other than, "I'm sorry."

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA