Re: [tlug] S3 Savage4 VGA problem

    SZ> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:25:11 -0400
    SZ> Viktor Pavlenko <vvp@example.com> wrote:

    >> I'm hoping someone is using similar card and can provide me
    >> with a tip...

    SZ> Some URLs:
    SZ> http://www.sbellon.de/xt1000.html -- see X11 section
    SZ>  http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
    SZ> http://mland98.rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/text/Savage4-TL7.html -- japanese

Thanks for the reply. Actually I should have been more specific on
what error I get from XFree86 -configure. Here it is:

>Fatal server error:
>
>XFree86 has found a valid card configuration.
>Unfortunately the appropriate data has not been added to xf86PciInfo.h.
>Please forward 'scanpci -v' output to XFree86 support team.

$ XFree86 -version

XFree86 Version 4.2.0 (Red Hat Linux release: 4.2.0-8) / X Window System

The links you sent as well as a response of a happy user of this card
from another LUG list prove that this card _is_ supported, but the
server error I get suggests it is not...

Any tips what I can do next?

Thanks
Viktor