Re: [tlug] Re: Software Design

    Charles> The GNU-Emacs site has a link for donations, but I don't
    Charles> see anything of the sort for Xemacs. Have I missed it?

No.  We don't have any way to use cash.  Getting set up to handle cash
is pretty annoying (as a non-profit) or expensive (for profit) anywhere.

Historically, I'd guess we average around 1.5 FTE (more than GNU
Emacs), but that's either fellowships (eg, the Mule Lab at ETL
financed ~3 man years for Steve Baur and Martin Buchholz) or corporate
contract (Lucid and Sun 1988-95, Ben Wing has done contract work
recently, and a couple of 4-letter financial firms have proprietary
versions[1] of XEmacs, and their support people are free to send
non-proprietary pieces to us, and do so).

We've taken contribution in kind (I have a copy of VC++ 6 courtesy of
a Microsoft employee who can't stand V Studio ;-), but the only direct
financial support we are set up to use comes in chunks large enough to
support a student over summer vacation, because that doesn't require
any set up.  TLUG has a much bigger budget.  ;-)

Footnotes:
[1]  Yes, this is legal under GPL; they're undistributed.  There are a
couple of features I'd really like in the main line, but *shrug*