Re: [tlug] Re: Japanese in Gentoo

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 12:22:40PM +0900, Ryan Shaw wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 12:40, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > This seems to be the problem
> >
> > /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcanna16
>
> yes, this is the same problem as before. the problem
> is that the canna ebuild is not building libcanna16.
> this is due to xmkmf not finding the config files it
> is expecting, thus not creating a target in the makefile
> to build that library. i tried figuring out exactly
> what it is looking for and not finding, but the
> intricacies of xmkmf and the X build system were too
> much for my feeble mind to grok.

So, Ryan, do you think the experiment I mention in my next email is
worth doing?  That is, installing kde, then doing --clean rsync,
un-emerging and trying again?  (I ~hope~ that if worst came to worst, I
could emerge -C kde and get it back.

Regardless of it not working perfectly, I still think you've done a
great job, and I, for one, am grateful.

Scott from NY