Re: [tlug] Re: Japanese in Gentoo

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 02:48, Scott Robbins wrote:

> The reason I say don't use the official ebuild--the kinput2 isn't
> official yet, as far as I know, and the one that Ryan made is looking
> for canna in /usr/portage/app-misc--

Actually, kinput2 has made it to the official tree,
finally. Both kinput2 and canna can be found in
app-i18n.

Note: the kinput2 ebuild builds a kinput2 with canna
support ONLY. I don't use Wnn or any of the others,
and didn't want to make ebuilds for software I don't
use or know well.

There is an ebuild for a canna/Wnn-enabled kinout2
in gentoo's bugzilla (that someone else wrote). Not
sure if this will become two separate kinput2 ebuilds,
or one merged ebuild.

Finally--the problems some people had installing,
though never completely solved, seemed to be due to
some missing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/* files,
needed for xmkmf (cross-platform build system used
by canna and kinput2) to work correctly. I believe
Jack told me he had accidentally removed X from his
USE vars at one point, which may have had something
to do with it.

Anyway, if anyone has problems installing it please
post your problems at http://bugs.gentoo.org.