Re: [tlug] new computer configuration

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Matt Doughty wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 12:05:55AM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> > Nguyen Hung Vu wrote:
> > >
> > >Install Mandrake *first* and use DrakX to re-partition your HDD.
> > >When you get mandrake installed. Use grub as a boot loader.
> > >I suggest you doing a search on google.com
> >
> > Um, IIRC from my distant experiences installing Windows and Linux on the
> > same box, won't Windows steal the MBR, thus disabling Grub?
> >

> Yes that is but one of the many possible obstacles to multi-OS installs.
> That is why this is a RTFM question. There is no short/correct answer
> to this question.
>
> -Matt is watching 3 different userspace builds, and is getting dizzy.

that's it!

There is no short anwser for this question. If one want to know which is
the best, just try to use lilo/grub/winNT boot loader.

I personal use DrakX instead of PartitionMagic for repartitioning the HDD.
When I got Mandrake running, I install win98/winxp, boot from a FDD into
Mandrake and reactive grub | lilo.

HTH

|            Nguyen Hung.Vu( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |