Re: [tlug] remote

Matt Doughty wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 01:32:52PM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
>
>>You have extremely valid points about the design of OpenSSH, and I want
>>to get in there and see what is being done about it.
>>

> I don't disagree at all that one should contribute. I certainly need to
> do more, but in this case I think the code base should be dumped and
> started over from scratch.  Its a mess that resulted from trying to
> do things quickly as opposed to correctly. It seems to me that the
> project is going in the wrong dirrection.  Besides if I have time to
> code I have a rather long list of projects that I want to see improve
> that don't have a viable alternative. ;)

Tossing the codebase and doing a fresh implementation might be being
discussion on the openssh-devel list (whatever it is called) as we
speak. I just do not know, and I want to!

As to your laundry list, I can relate. :) I wish I had more time to code
outside of work. Oh well, there is always vacations! ;)

For me, security is my main interest, so OpenBSD and OpenSSH would seem
to be a great place to jump in and learn something practical.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.