Re: [tlug] remote

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 01:32:52PM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> Matt Doughty wrote:
> >

> >It was just a matter of time before OpenSSH started showing its roots.
>
> I agree with you, but as I have a vested interest in seeing OpenSSH
> improve, I am going to move rolling up my sleeves and joining the
> development effort higher up on my list of priorities.
>
> I believe in Open Source, and I think it is time that I put my money
> where my mouth is and stopped simply reaping the benefits without
> assuming any real responsibility for the quality of the code that I use
> so heavily and of which I have such high expectations.
>
> This is not at all a flame, Matt. I am just stating what I feel I should
> do, not trying to impose my opinions on you or anyone else.
>
> You have extremely valid points about the design of OpenSSH, and I want
> to get in there and see what is being done about it.

I don't disagree at all that one should contribute. I certainly need to
do more, but in this case I think the code base should be dumped and
started over from scratch.  Its a mess that resulted from trying to
do things quickly as opposed to correctly. It seems to me that the
project is going in the wrong dirrection.  Besides if I have time to
code I have a rather long list of projects that I want to see improve
that don't have a viable alternative. ;)

--Matt