Re: [tlug] remote

Matt Doughty wrote:

> The actual ssh is build from the ground up with supporting both protocols in
> mind.  OpenSSH is a project that took the old ssh source, and tried to retrofit/
> hack the ssh2 protocol support into it. Its a hack plain and simple.

[...]

> It was just a matter of time before OpenSSH started showing its roots.

I agree with you, but as I have a vested interest in seeing OpenSSH
improve, I am going to move rolling up my sleeves and joining the
development effort higher up on my list of priorities.

I believe in Open Source, and I think it is time that I put my money
where my mouth is and stopped simply reaping the benefits without
assuming any real responsibility for the quality of the code that I use
so heavily and of which I have such high expectations.

This is not at all a flame, Matt. I am just stating what I feel I should
do, not trying to impose my opinions on you or anyone else.

You have extremely valid points about the design of OpenSSH, and I want
to get in there and see what is being done about it.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.