Re: Apologies WAS: [tlug] new computer configuration

B0Ti wrote:
> Josh Glover wrote:
>

> He starts the thread asking:
>
>>nitin kakkar wrote:
>
> "He wants  Linux (RH 7.2), Win 98 and capability to have more one os like
> Sun Os, Free BSB or XP (just to play around for a while,
> he wants to change this from time to time )"
>
> Later on Scott Robbins writes:
> "Both of these will probably have to be primary partitions,
> I haven't installed either on a multiboot box in awhile ...."
>
> Then in the email to which I replied as "A is wasted" he writes:
> "2) The four primary partitions seems to be
>       A) /boot ext3  for linux boots
>       B)  Fat32 for windows
>       C)  Fat32  : Data shared between Windows & linux
>       D)  ext3 for linux /"

I still do not see where the requirement that everything fit into the
four allowed primary partitions comes in. Pardon me if I am being dense.
AFAIK, Linux will boot off a secondary partition (at least, in GRUB, I
am pretty sure that it will).

>>I asked this because, in general, it is good to make
>

> This wasn't a general case.
> Now I'm off to bed and it seems to me that you need some rest too, Josh.

True, but I think that you may be assuming something that the OP didn't
mean.

I can always use some rest, but I do not think my tiredness is effecting
my logic. If so, I stand corrected.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator