Re: [tlug] remote

Matt Doughty wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 06:16:46PM +0900, B0Ti wrote:
> > Matt Doughty wrote:
> >
> > > For the love of god no!!! Shutdown rlogin,telnet,rsh etc. They are evil!!!
> > > Install ssh and have atleast some semblance of security.
> >
> > According to Theo, it doesn't make much difference now ;)
> >

> Notice I didn't say OpenSSH. Install the real thing for God's sake.

Well, the latest openssh (3.4) is said to be safe, but you never now what's next.
Yesterday we had a Theo Bug, tomorrow we might have a Tatu Bug. Open had only one
remote hole in six years, afaik Tatu's had more.
I can apt-get a fixed openssh a few hours after the sechole is announced, but I
can't do that with "The Real Thing".

--
B0Ti.