Re: [tlug] unsubscribe

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:06:42 +0900 (JST)
ayako kato <ayako.kato@example.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, B0Ti wrote:
>
> > BTW, wasn't this topic discussed a few months ago once?
>

> didn't we agree that if we did a string match with
> 'unsubscribe' then we'd
> not be able to use the word 'unsubscribe' in the subject even if it was
> just for discussing anything pertaining to unsbuscribing ?

I didn't mean to block emails that contain the word anywhere in the body or subject of the email. Rather:
Check if Subject is "unsubscribe" and/or Body is only "unsubscribe". In case of a match send out the autoreply containing the unsubscribe procedure and maybe an "autoreply sent by mailer" could be appended to such a mail when forwarded to the list. Thus ppl would know that the guy sending unsubscribe requests to the list has been enlightened by the mailer daemon so we woudn't have to worry about flaming him.

--
B0Ti.