Re: [tlug] Re: Piping stderr?

At 25 Jun 2002 18:04:32 +0900,
Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>> uxterm totally depends on UTF-8.
>
> What do you mean by "depends"?  That is, what restrictions does this
> impose on me?

 You have to use UTF-8 codeset or filter to use uxterm,
isn't it restriction?  And uxterm's text processing depends on
UTF-8 code set, I can say. If you use other codeset, uxterm can't process
the text.  So I think uxterm depends on UTF-8(external text representation),
doesn't it?

 If not, what did you mean below?

> Software should be written to be general, with as little dependency on
> external text representation as possible

#I might miss something because of my English skill ;-), if so
#I'd like to be sorry in advance.

--
Jiro SEKIBA | Web tools & AP Linux Competency Center, YSL, IBM Japan