OT: Software That Does Not Suck (was: Re: [tlug] Watching dvd inLinux)

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Jack> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 11:18:18AM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
>
>     >> I have not played with Mplayer,
>
>     Jack> Then it couldn't possible suck :-)
>
> In that case, I think Josh should make up a list of all the software
> he hasn't used, so we'll know what doesn't suck!

1) XEmacs[1]
2) Windows
3) Internet Information Server

Notice a pattern emerging here? ;)

--Josh

[1] This is a reference to one of my early posts to TLUG, in which I
mention that I hate XEmacs[2], though I am not specific as to why, and,
as I admit in my response[3] to Stephen's "hi, I am the Release Mangler
for XEmacs, and why does it suck"[4], I had only used it thrice. In
short, I do not really think that XEmacs sucks.
[2] http://tlug.gr.jp/ML/0104/msg00000.html
[3] http://tlug.gr.jp/ML/0104/msg00006.html
[4] http://tlug.gr.jp/ML/0104/msg00028.html

Wow, it is fun to read your old posts... how far I have come from those
days of "how to I input Japanese, again?"! :) Thanks to this list for that!

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.