Re: [tlug] Apache: how to find how the max number of children spawned by httpd

Just write a script to gather the numbers and hourly or however often you
want and mail the report daily. Cron if your friend use it.

something like:
#!/bin/sh
#run this hourly
echo `ps ax | grep -c httpd ` httpd procs at `date` >> /var/tmp/httpd.report

and

#!/bin/sh
#run this daily
mail -s 'httpd report' < /var/tmp/httpd.conf

--Matt