Re: [tlug] using unicode with lambda

On 17 Jun 2002, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Simon> Stephen J. Turnbull:
>     >> Write the necessary support for omega or lamdba, then use it.
>     >> AFAIK neither Japanese nor Vietnamese are supported by omega.
>
>     Simon> Are you sure? Apostolos Syropoulos has a new book on Omega
>     Simon> coming out, and I'm pretty sure it covers Japanese at
>     Simon> least. I'll check with a colleague on Monday.
>
> Japanese, yes, AFAIK, Japanese encoded in Unicode, no.  All working
> Omega support for Japanese I know of handles EUC via CJK.  Haven't
> looked all that hard, I'll admit, but I did look---and ask John
> Plaice, who said not that he knows of.  That was 18 months ago, though.

What I need is an example of TeX file and a sample run.

I have installed  CJk from rpm ( lm8.2) successfully but there are not
may documents for Omega. Next, I run exampless in:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/chinese/CJK/4_2.0/examples/?filename=language/chinese/CJK/4_2.0/&action=/tex-archive/language/chinese/CJK/4_2.0/&catstring=language/chinese/CJK/4_2.0/

%bg5latex Big5latex <--- no luck, error and error.

%lamba UTF8.tex <---- error package CJK not found ;(

Hung Vu

> --
> Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences     http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
> University of Tsukuba                    Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN
>  My nostalgia for Icon makes me forget about any of the bad things.  I don't
> have much nostalgia for Perl, so its faults I remember.  Scott Gilbert c.l.py

|                  Nguyen Hung.Vu                          |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |