Re: [tlug] MTA (was ...repetitive question...)

Jack Morgan wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:57:12PM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
>
>>Jack Morgan (yojack@example.com) wrote:
>>
>>>Just because you can't reach a level of competency with Sendamil doesn't mean
>>>it "sucks".
>>
>>That's a pretty arrogant thing to say.  Can you write Sendmail rule sets?
>>No, I didn't think so.
>
> Come on Jonathan, this has nothing to do with me. I'm not the person who is
> complaining that it's too difficult to take the time to learn how to proprerly
> configure Sendmail. As Dmytro pointed out. It ain't that hard.

Oh, I was complaining? That, I did not notice. I thought I was just
stating my reasons for not using Sendmail. qmail gets the job done
without all that headache, so why should I not use it?

>>>I don't mean to be rude
>>
>>Then don't be.  That was a pretty uncalled-for thing to say
>>to someone who is at least as competent as you are and probably
>>more so.
>
> I made that comment beacuse I didn't want someone to be offended by comment as I
> didn't mean it to be offensive.

Bullshit. You knew what you were doing when you pulled the trigger. All
in good fun, though.

Truth be told, I kind of miss the good old flame wars of days gone by.
At least our argument is based on a technical point on which we
disagree. That is right on topic. :)

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator