[tlug] Re: UTF-8 under Linux

    Mike>   character: ? (01211133, 332379, 0x5125b)
    Mike>     charset: mule-unicode-0100-24ff (Unicode characters of the range U+0100..U+24FF.)
    Mike>  code point: 36 91
    Mike> buffer code: 0x9C 0xF4 0xA4 0xDB

Thank you.  Yes, GNU has defined a new charset that we don't have.
They must have a hack of some kind to make it work with Mule-UCS.

    Mike> This may look ugly if you edit Chinese in UTF-8 because some
    Mike> Chinese characters are taken from a Japanese font and some
    Mike> from a Chinese font, for example:

It's possible to change the precedence of charsets in Mule-UCS.  GNU
may do this in language environment processing, but we don't yet.

Thanks for doing all the homework; I'll try to get you something to
patch up at least the mule-unicode charset hole early next week.
Hopefully also the Mule-UCS precedence issue, too.