[tlug] Ignorance is bliss, expect in the case of syslog

After being told the obvious yesterday (namely that iptables LOG targets
must come *before* they are DROPped), I have my iptables set up.

However, I would like to log some classes of dropped packets, and I do
not want them to go into /var/log/syslog. I have syslog splitting things
up to my satisfaction, as per the attached syslog.conf file, but I
cannot figure out how to log the dropped packets to their own logfile.

Any ideas? I have investigated the --log-prefix option to iptables, but
that does not set the "facility".

Sorry for my ignorance of syslog, but the man page and a cursory Google
search did not tell me what I needed to know.

TIA.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator