Re: [tlug] Mandrake vs. Red Hat

Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> Josh Glover (jmglov@example.com) wrote:
>

>>How about Mandrake (which Jim Breen is rumoured to have done some work on)?
>

> Anyone who thinks Red Hat gets in the way too much would probably rather
> die than use Mandrake.  The extent to which Mandrake gets between you
> and the bare metal is truly astonishing.  Which is why my foray into
> Mandrake lasted less than 72 hours before I fdisked it out of existence
> and put Woody in its place.

Yes. I think I must have misread Matt's original sentence. I thought
that he was saying he could not think of a distro which was harder to
admin by hand than Redhat. I was suggesting that Mandrake would be that
distro, for the reasons you stated.

Of course, when I re-read Matt's email, I realised that I was
wrong--that is not what he said.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator