[tlug] RH 6.2 -> 7.2 : Masq and PHP/MySQL problems

Hi,

I upgraded a RedHat install from 6.2 -> 7.2 yesterday, and am having
problems with NAT/masquerading for internal machines, as well as with
PHP/MySQL on the server itself.

NAT

I am reading
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/IP-Mas
querade-HOWTO.html#IPMASQ-INTRO1.0 , and it seems to infer that I have to
recompile my kernel... Is this really necessary right after an upgrade? I
guess I expected 7.2 to come with Masq support for the new iptables method
built in... Any thoughts?

PHP/MySQL

Bringing up a .php page that used to work, I now get:
  Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

I assume from this that PHP was not installed with MySQL support. I ran
rpm -qa | grep sql and saw that most of the database stuff was installed for
postgres.
I uninstalled the postgres packages and installed php-mysql-4.0.6-7 instead,
so I now have this:

# rpm -qa | grep sql
mysql-server-3.23.41-1
php-mysql-4.0.6-7
mysql-3.23.41-1

I then restarted Apache and reloaded the page, but I still get the same
error...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shawn