Re: [tlug] Mandrake vs. Red Hat

    Josh> What I meant to say and didn't, in my moment of passion, was
    Josh> that I have not encountered the dependency cycles with RPM
    Josh> that I have run into with dpkg at times.

I have never run into a dependency cycle while using dpkg, only with
dselect and apt.  Do you really mean a cycle in dpkg?

I have run into contradictory dependencies in the _available_
packages, so that A.2 conflicts with B.1, but A.1 is now unavailable
and B.2 not yet released.  When the same person is reponsible for both
I MART them hard if not corrected within 24 hours.  ;-)

I suspect that such conflicting dependencies result from the
distributed development model at Debian.  It amazes me that there are
more problems of that type, actually.