Re: [tlug] mozilla: really ready?

> Some links are overlapping text. First time I see this with moz is rc3.
> And this one-pixel-off bug that makes fonts look like italic (in the title)
has been around forever. Maybe it's a bug in xfree, but I'm getting it on my
other machines too with xfree86-4.1.0.

> I think it's a bit too early for celebration.
>
> comments?

FWIW, I've been using Mozilla since 0.8.9 on both Linux and Windows, and I've
only ever seen these bugs show up on Linux. That suggests that it's either a
bug in Mozilla's X interface, or in X itself. Either wouldn't surprise me.

In the meantime, I'm willing to live with a few font glitches in an otherwise
stable, standards-compliant, reasonably fast (if bloated) browser. It's certainly
better than x.0 releases of a lot of other packages I could mention....[*]

[*] I haven't tried downloading 1.0 yet; I'm assuming that rc3 is more or less
the same as
1.0.