Re: [tlug] Mandrake vs. Red Hat

> oversimplified dependency system very frustrating. Whereas Debian
> dependencies are broken down into 'required', 'recommended', and
> 'suggested'--now, is that not a much better model of the real world than
> RPM provides?

I am not participating in the preference of one system over another because
I am not yet settled into any system, but I would like to know what a
'suggested' dependency is. I thought a software dependency was when one
piece of software is required for another to run. How are 'recommended' and
'suggested' managed? Is this a way of giving the user choices from, say,
three different packages that can be used to fill a certain dependency?