Re: [tlug] MySQL vs Oracle

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 05:03:14PM +0900, Matt Doughty wrote:
> This seems to a be a common myth.  Oracle is more robust than alot of the
> free solutions. Especially in the area of replication/clustering, but there
> is no evidence to support this. I know there are Postgres production servers

Hate to follow up to myself, but I was horribly unclear. What there is no
evidence to support is that oracle somehow handles large data sets considerably
better than free solutions. I think I misused the term robust. Oracle is more
featureful, but it isn't faster in most cases(even when large data sets are
involved), and more often then not it is slower.

--Matt