Re: [tlug] iso-2022-jp and shift-jis on IE and N6

> It is not "the standard". It is just one of several encapsulation schemes
> for JIS X 0208, etc., and in some ways the least satisfactory.

What do you consider the best? Do you think that Unicode will be the answer
to these problems?

> If NTT/DoCoMo got it wrong, there's no need for everyone else to follow
> them down that path.

It does seem very similar to the MS issue. The biggest player unilaterally
supports one technology, so everyone follows to reach the largest audience,
ignoring the technical merits/ demerits. Like my daddy used to say,
"Remember the Golden Rule, boy. Him that's got the gold makes the rules."