Re: [tlug] Argh ... no luck installing XFS ... help

>From: "A.Sajjad Zaidi" <sajjad@example.com>

Sajjad, thanks for the instructions! It only took me a day but I finally
have been able to compile a kernel. Most of the problems where in getting
the config file just right ...

After slugging it out I have a few questions concerning some of the steps in
kernel compilation.

>make menuconfig

At the end of this step I save my config file so as to not overwrite the
original. Is the anyway to tell the next step to use a different config file
than the default .config?

>make modules
>make modules_install

The Kernel How-to has an extra stp here, why? Is is necessary?

* make modules
* make install
* make modules_install

Jc