Re: [tlug] PLEASE READ--I may have sent you a Virus!

On Wed, 8 May 2002 18:47:56 +1000 (EST), Jim Breen
<jwb@example.com> wrote to tlug@example.com:

> Thanks for the warning. Fortunately my email is handled/read on a Unix
> system. Virus infection is not possible.

I think you'll find that this is the case for many of us on this list.
However, I do believe that there *are* indeed viruses around at least for
Linux, maybe also for other forms of Unix.

I do not know how these viruses are transmitted not how they infect a box.
The only thing I know is that we should not let complacency set in. The "I
use Unix, therefore I'm invulnerable" mentality is not a Good Thing (TM).

It is, however, true that a *nix box is far, far _less_ vulnerable than a
Windows box.