[tlug] OT: XML?

Sorry to post OT but I remember some people discussing XML on the list a
while back (and some actually seemed to know what they were talking about ;)
and I thought someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

<OT>

I've been reading up on XML this weekend (sparsely I admiit it) and was
interested in using it for for my web pages. However I couldn't find any
information on why using XML on plain web pages would be a Good Thing(tm). I
could think of a few useult things such as making a web site more easily
searchable but other than that ...

Can anyone point me to any ressource that explain *why* and *how* XML can be
put to good use on a rather simple web site?

</OT>

Thanks!

Jc