[tlug] xfs, jfs, reiser

The big three alternative journaling file systems (alternative to ext3,
and ignoring the fact that they actually appeared in the wild
before ext3 did).

Our topic for the day here on File System Coffe Talk is, "Which
one do you favor, and why?"

"Why" should not be "I've been using it for a while and it hasn't caused
me to lose my family/house/job, it hasn't burned my house, stolen my
car, drank my liquor from my old fruit jar, or stepped on my blue suede
shoes, my dog hasn't run away because of it, and my truck still starts"
but rather, a statement of what's better technically better about it.

In other words, the bar for "What's good about it" is higher than not
having lost any data from using it.  I can say that about ext2.  I
can even say that about FAT.

Someone (sorry, forget who) recently mentioned that they get journal
recovery times of about 1 second on XFS.  Are Reiser and JFS comparable?
Which one would you run on your workstation? A server? Why?

I'm getting a bit verklempt.  Discuss among yourselves :-)