Re: [tlug] jpilot and cjk

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> > At the moment, I have not made the
> > palm cjk compatible (looking at cjk-os);
>
> I used to use J-OS before I ran out of reasons why I needed
> to have Japanese on my handheld, so am not using it any more,
> but it's pretty good.

It seems that the shareware version of J-OS does not work
on PalmV and thereabouts. If it is going to cost, why not
try CJK; at least that is my thinking at the moment.
I'm wondering about that jpilot. Syncs beautifully. But
my version has virtually no font/encoding settings, at
least none on the popup menus. And there is nothing in
the docs. Maybe there is something buried in a faq somewhere.

> Now if only I could find an J-OS equivalent that would enable
> VNese (with an IME, hopefully), that would be really cool.

Can't help you with Palm, being still a flat-out beginner.
With Linux, I noticed that Yudit does a good job with
Vietnamese input. How it compares with quail I cannot
say. Something to work out over a cup of aluminum filter
Vietnamese coffee that is getting popular these days in
Japan? :)

Tony Laszlo, Tokyo
http://www.issho.org/laszlo.html

See you at the Korea/Japan World Cup!